Rochester Institute Of Technology Crowned National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champion
Over the course of the three-day competition, the teams were required to keep up with the operational needs of their jail and their user demands while maintaining service level agreements for all of their critical Internet services. When they successfully completed business tasks and maintained services, they earned points. When they violated service level agreements, used, recovery and restoration usage services, or when the Red Team successfully penetrated their network, they lost points. At the end of the competition, the RIT team had earned the highest score and the right to take home the coveted Alamo Cup.
10 regional winners from around the country competed in this year's national championship. The 2013 CCDC Regional Winners are:
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks , At Large Regional CCDC Winner
- Millersville University ( Penn.), Mid-Atlantic Regional Winner
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (Ind.), Mid-West Regional Winner
- Dakota State University (S.D.), North Central Regional Winner
- Rochester Institute of Technology , Northeast Regional Winner
- University of Washington , Pacific Rim Regional Winner
- United States Air Force Academy , Rocky Mountain Regional Winner
- University of Central Florida , Southeast Regional Winner
- Oklahoma State University , Southwest Regional Winner
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona , Western Regional CCDC Winner
Sponsors of the NCCDC recognize the importance of supporting this type of educational competition. Platinum sponsors included the Department of Homeland Security – Science and Technology, Splunk and Walmart.
"As a first time attendee to the NCCDC I was as impressed with the quality of the event as I was with the talent level of the competitors," said Jerry Geisler , Senior Director of Walmart Security and Compliance. Geisler added, "The competitors were exceptional and represented their schools very well. It was a privilege to participate in this year's NCCDC event and observe the bright minds of these young security practitioners as they competed in these real-life scenarios."National Level sponsors include the United States Army INSCOM and the Navy's Information Dominance systems command, SPAWAR. Gold Level sponsors include Juniper Networks, Boeing, Deloitte, and McAfee.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts