ASI Releases Top Eco-Friendly Freebies For Earth Day
TREVOSE, Pa., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bowls made from bicycle spokes, three-in-one utensils and USBs boxed with recyclable packaging hit the top eco-friendly freebies list released today in honor of Earth Day by the Advertising Specialty Institute ® (ASI).
In addition, ASI's Global Advertising Specialties Impressions Study show 66% of U.S. respondents now give away ad specialties they don't need to someone else, up 15 percentage points from 2008, further proving their superior pass along value.
Earth Day is celebrated worldwide on April 22, and more companies than ever before are using "green" giveaways to promote their commitment to the environment while advertising their brand, product or event.
"The promotional products industry knows no bounds when it comes to marketing ingenuity, especially when it comes to Earth Day products companies can feel good about imprinting with their logo," said Timothy M. Andrews, president and CEO of ASI, a member organization serving the $19.4 billion promotional products industry. "Using logoed giveaways made from green materials or that promote eco-friendly ideals to thank a client, kick off a new product launch or advertise a brand will promote good will that will last all year long."Click here for an Earth Day product demo video. ASI 's Top Eco-Friendly Freebies:
- Bike Spoke Bowl, from Helping Hand Rewards. Artisans in India in a fair trade workshop craft the bowls from recycled bicycle spokes. Company names can be incorporated in the design.
- Desk Planter, from Walter's Seed Company. Planter sprouts on a desk and can be transplanted to the ground. A unique idea for eco-themed promotions.
- Youtensil, from Kindle Hill. Made from recycled material and completely recyclable, the Youtensil is a three-in-one utensil that's perfect for camping, scouts and parties.
- Eco Journal, from Bannerpen. Contains acid-free sheets that are made from recycled paper and banana fibers.
- USB Drive with Biodegradable Packaging, from Green Marketing Innovations. The box is crafted from recycled paper and the padding is made from cornstarch. Load the USB flash drive with info instead of using printed paper for an eco-friendly promotion.
- Eco Pints, from ETX Express. A cup made from bamboo, the Eco Pint is perfect for parties and gatherings and a great gift for clients.
- Organic Cotton T-shirt, from Econscious. Made without the use of pesticides or fertilizers.
- Full-zip Hoodie, from Econscious. Made from 55% organic cotton/5% recycled polyester.
- Jute Tote, from Prime Line. Comes with wooden accents and is earth friendly. An ideal replacement for single use plastic bags that makes a great tote for the beach, pool or gym.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV