NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- This is a busy week for technology earnings. Apple (AAPL) reports results Tuesday and Qualcomm ( QCOM ) shares its second-quarter results Wednesday. Investors should anticipate the release shortly after the market closes.
Apple's results have the potential to influence the expected results of Qualcomm. Texas Instruments (TXN) is a Qualcomm peer that reported Monday. You will want to keep track of industry observations from Texas Instruments for clues of what to expect from Qualcomm.
Conference calls are occasionally insightful for gauging the health of a particular space. Texas Instruments' conference call was expected after the earnings release. Qualcomm investors should expect an impact on Qualcomm shares if any unforeseen related market conditions were revealed.
The last time Qualcomm missed was for the third quarter, reported on July 18, 2012. It wasn't much of a miss (only 1 cent) and was "close enough" for Wall Street. Shares jumped higher the next day and have trended mostly higher since. After Qualcomm's last report on Jan, 30, the shares closed before the release at $63.53 and opened the next day at $67.08, an increase of over 5%. Analysts have lower expectations for this quarter compared to last quarter. Analyst opinion is mixed with this company. Most of the analysts surveyed don't believe a buy or a sell is currently warranted. The stock appreciated 2% in the last year; however, the average analyst target price is quite bullish at $75.39.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV