In addition to the more than $1 billion from Walmart and the Walmart Foundation, Walmart and Sam's Club customers and associates around the world raised $156.3 million for local organizations such as the Salvation Army and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. During the 2012 holiday season alone, our associates and customers in the U.S. raised nearly $45 million during the Red Kettle campaign to benefit local chapters of the Salvation Army, accounting for more than 30 percent of the organization's Red Kettle fundraising. Our associates and customers also made a difference for nearly 17 million kids across the nation by raising more than $51 million for local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals last fiscal year.
For a state-by-state breakdown of giving, or more information about the Walmart Foundation, visit http://foundation.walmart.com.
About Philanthropy at Walmart
Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and the Walmart Foundation are committed to helping people live better through philanthropic efforts. By operating globally and giving back locally, Walmart is uniquely positioned to address the needs of the communities it serves and make a significant social impact within its core areas of giving: Hunger Relief and Nutrition, Sustainability, Career Opportunity and Women's Economic Empowerment. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation are leading the fight against hunger in the United States with a $2 billion commitment through 2015. Walmart has donated more than 1 billion million meals to those in need across the country. To learn more about Walmart's giving, visit foundation.walmart.com.SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV