WORCESTER, Mass., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With Earth Day being celebrated today, The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG) announced it has earned an ENERGY STAR certification for the fourth consecutive year and pledged continued commitment to corporate sustainability and environmentally friendly practices. The ENERGY STAR certification places the company's campuses in Worcester, Mass. and Howell, Mich. among the top 25 percent of energy efficient facilities in the United States.
"As a world class property and casualty insurance company, we are committed to making a difference where we live and work, through charitable contributions and by managing our company and our operations in an environmentally responsible way," said Jay B. Johnson, vice president, service operations. "We invest in green technologies, recycling and waste management programs because we are committed to being a leader in environmental stewardship, reducing our corporate carbon footprint and our impact on the environment."The Hanover's investments in green technologies include:
- The installation of new, energy-efficient lighting, heating, and cooling systems including an ice storage system.
- A company-wide "green cleaning" program which reduces the presence of potentially hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- The purchase of certified wind energy to offset 100 percent of the electricity used on its Worcester, Mass. campus, keeping the air cleaner, lessening the impact on the ozone layer
- The installation of ENERGY STAR white roofs to reduce heating and cooling requirements on both of its campuses in Worcester, Mass. and Howell, Michigan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV