Netflix (NFLX) leapt 7.16% to $174.97 to become the top gainer in the S&P 500 ahead of the video-streaming service's first-quarter report following the close of U.S. trading Monday. The company is expected to report net income of 18 cents a share in the first quarter on revenue of $1.02 billion.
In January, Netflix forecast that it would have 28.5 million to 29.2 million U.S. streaming subscribers as of March 31, the end of the first quarter. Netflix ended 2012 with 27.1 million U.S. streaming subscribers.
Texas Instruments (TXN) gained 1.3% to $34.68 ahead of its first-quarter earnings announcement after the close. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are expecting profit of 30 cents a share on revenue of $2.85 billion.
Closing prices: BIDU ended Monday trading down 1% at $85.66 while ZNGA rose 1.3% to $3.23. MSFT rose 3.6% to $30.83, YHOO rose 2.1% to $23.95 and DISH was up 2.8% to $40.10. GOOG was unchanged at $800.11, CBS rose 1.9% to $46.95, AAPL was up 2.1% to $398.67, NFLX zoomed 6.7% higher to $174.37 and TXN ended the day up 1.6% to $34.81.Follow @atwtse Written by Andrea Tse in New York >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV