- Operating 1,300 compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles out of our total 15,000-vehicle collection fleet. We expect the natural gas share of our fleet to grow to 20 percent by 2016.
- Providing long-term economic and environmental benefits through innovative uses for the gas produced in landfills. Captured landfill gas at 69 of our landfills can be sold for use as heat or fuel, or be converted and sold on the energy market as a renewable power.
- Increasing renewable energy output at its landfill in San Antonio, Texas with a first-of-its-kind closure system that generates solar energy. Including the existing landfill gas system, the energy produced by the two fully-operational systems, continuously create about nine megawatts of power – enough to power 5,500 area homes.
- Transforming its closed landfill near Atlanta into a commercial scale, solar energy-generating facility with the world's largest landfill solar energy cap. Gas from the landfill is used to supply electricity, steam and chilled water to a world-famous, Atlanta-based beverage processing facility.
Republic Services Continues Its Commitment To Planet-Friendly Operations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.