3 Stocks Pulling The Media Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, Liberty Global ( LBTYA) is down $0.73 (-1.0%) to $72.71 on light volume Thus far, 803,720 shares of Liberty Global exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $72.34-$73.78 after having opened the day at $73.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.44. Liberty Global, Inc. provides video, broadband Internet, and telephony services to residential and business customers primarily in Europe and Chile. The company operates in three segments: UPC/Unity Division, Telenet, and VTR Group. Liberty Global has a market cap of $10.3 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 15.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Liberty Global as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Get the full Liberty Global Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the media industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Media ( PBS) while those bearish on the media industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Services ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts