3. As of noon trading, Sony Corporation ( SNE) is down $0.15 (-0.9%) to $16.50 on light volume Thus far, 833,711 shares of Sony Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.30-$16.50 after having opened the day at $16.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.65. Sony Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets worldwide. Sony Corporation has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the consumer durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 48.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sony Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts