1. As of noon trading, Fifth Third Bancorp ( FITB) is down $0.20 (-1.2%) to $16.20 on light volume Thus far, 3.5 million shares of Fifth Third Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.11-$16.34 after having opened the day at $16.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.40. Fifth Third Bancorp operates as a diversified financial services company in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third Bancorp has a market cap of $13.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Fifth Third Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Fifth Third Bancorp Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the banking industry could consider KBW Bank ETF ( KBE) while those bearish on the banking industry could consider ProShares Short KBW Regional Bankng ( KRS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts