2. As of noon trading, SunTrust Banks ( STI) is down $0.34 (-1.2%) to $27.97 on average volume Thus far, 2.2 million shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $27.76-$28.29 after having opened the day at $28.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.31. SunTrust Banks, Inc. operates as the holding company for SunTrust Bank that provides various financial services in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Consumer Banking and Private Wealth Management, Wholesale Banking, and Mortgage Banking. SunTrust Banks has a market cap of $14.8 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates SunTrust Banks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts