3. As of noon trading, Whole Foods Market ( WFM) is up $0.86 (1.00) to $86.93 on average volume Thus far, 948,035 shares of Whole Foods Market exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $85.71-$86.96 after having opened the day at $86.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.07. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarkets. The company offers produce, grocery, meat and poultry, seafood, bakery, prepared foods and catering, coffee and tea, nutritional supplements, and vitamins. Whole Foods Market has a market cap of $15.8 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 32.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Whole Foods Market as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Whole Foods Market Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts