2. As of noon trading, Gilead ( GILD) is up $0.66 (1.25) to $53.83 on heavy volume Thus far, 8.4 million shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.29-$54.19 after having opened the day at $54.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.17. Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes human therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, Europe, and Asia. Gilead has a market cap of $77.5 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 38.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Gilead Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts