GROTON, Conn., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat a $20 million contract modification for nuclear-maintenance work for submarines homeported at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the contract, Electric Boat will continue to operate the Nuclear Regional Maintenance Department (NRMD) at the submarine base. The company will provide project management, planning, training and nuclear services to support maintenance, modernization and repairs. A core group of about 25 Electric Boat employees are assigned to the NRMD, with surge groups of up to 100 shipyard employees assigned for short periods.
The company has been awarded two initial contract modifications to date, valued at $25 million. The contract has a total potential value of $164 million over five years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV