WARSAW, Ind., April 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lake City Bank, the single bank subsidiary of Lakeland Financial Corporation (Nasdaq:LKFN), announced today that the Bank had been recognized by Keefe Bruyette and Woods (KBW) with its inclusion in the 2012 KBW Bank Honor Roll. Lake City Bank is one of 47 banking institutions with a ten-year record that met the KBW criteria for inclusion on its 2012 Bank Honor Roll. In addition, Lake City Bank is one of 33 returning members that were included on the 2011 KBW Bank Honor Roll. Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, a wholly owned subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corp. (NYSE:SF), is a full-service, boutique investment bank and broker-dealer that specializes in the financial services sector and is widely recognized as a leading authority in the banking industry.
KBW reported that they "found that the KBW Bank Honor Roll members have better-than-industry performance ratios and growth rates when compared to the publicly traded bank universe with total assets over $500 million, which includes nearly 400 companies listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ exchanges."
KBW further observed that "for the five-year period between 2007 and 2012, the KBW Bank Honor Roll members significantly outperformed the banking industry and the market." According to KBW, to be eligible to be included on the Bank Honor Roll, banks with more than $500 million in total assets must have:
- No annual loss reported in net income per share before extraordinary items over the past 10 years;
- 2012 annual reported net income per share before extraordinary items equal to or greater than peak net income per share over the past 10 years; and
- Consecutive increases in net income per share before extraordinary items since 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV