Fact is, Apple is being managed for the long term. Tim Cook isn't going anywhere. Maybe he won't win you many championships as a manager, but he's going to be in the hunt every year, and that's what you want when you're betting your retirement or your kids' college education on someone. I'm not firing the Braves' manager because they lost three in Pittsburgh over the weekend. I'm not firing Cook, either.
At current prices, Apple is a stock you can stick in your portfolio, with some confidence that five or 10 years from now you will have made money on it. In a technology market with all the stability of a baseball season, that's a winning play.
At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV