ROCKVILLE, Md., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) will deliver a suite of information technology support services to the Department of Defense (DoD) Chief Information Office (CIO) that will allow warfighters to better share secure information.
Under a five-year $217 million-ceiling contract, Lockheed Martin will be responsible for IT equipment, software development tools, and other services necessary to support the DoD CIO in all matters related to information technology, information assurance, and information management – services critical to carrying out war, business and intelligence missions.
"More than 26 years ago, Lockheed Martin helped write the DoD Architecture Framework, under which the Department of Defense operates today. Under this contract, we will be the policy support for a next generation of projects being infused into the DoD," said Willie Callahan, vice president of Data, Analytics and Services with Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions.The DoD CIO leads the DoD Information Enterprise by setting policy and driving standards for the information infrastructure. Delivering on the DoD IT modernization effort, entitled the "2013 Campaign Plan," Lockheed Martin's information technology expertise will help create a seamless, secure Joint Information Environment, by creating streamlined IT modernization, enhanced warfighter capabilities, and faster, tactical connectivity. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion. For more information, visit: Lockheed Martin Defense IT SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV