5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
- FIRSTMERIT CORP has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FIRSTMERIT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.23 versus $1.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.26 versus $1.23).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 25.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $30.50 million to $38.22 million.
- The gross profit margin for FIRSTMERIT CORP is currently very high, coming in at 88.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.43% is above that of the industry average.
- FMER, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Firstmerit Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts