Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners (NYSE: PSE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.30%. Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners L.P. owns, acquires, explores, and develops oil and gas properties in the United States. It produces oil, natural gas liquids, and gas in onshore Texas and eight counties in the southeast region of New Mexico. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.39. The average volume for Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners has been 158,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners has a market cap of $899.3 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 9.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 437.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$6.88 million to $23.21 million.
- The gross profit margin for PIONEER SOUTHWEST ENERGY -LP is rather high; currently it is at 62.00%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PSE's net profit margin of 50.24% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- PSE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PIONEER SOUTHWEST ENERGY -LP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PIONEER SOUTHWEST ENERGY -LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PIONEER SOUTHWEST ENERGY -LP reported lower earnings of $3.00 versus $3.69 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 27.5% in earnings ($2.18 versus $3.00).
- You can view the full Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts