Dynex Capital (NYSE: DX) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.40%. Dynex Capital, Inc., a mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT), invests in mortgage assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.55. The average volume for Dynex Capital has been 428,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dynex Capital has a market cap of $552.7 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 8.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dynex Capital as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DYNEX CAPITAL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- DYNEX CAPITAL INC's earnings per share declined by 5.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DYNEX CAPITAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.36 versus $1.05 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 8.1% in earnings ($1.25 versus $1.36).
- You can view the full Dynex Capital Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV