HOUSTON, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Two of the NBA's most exciting players — Kevin Durant and James Harden — have helped BBVA Compass attract basketball fans from across the country to its all-digital NBA Banking account.
The two All-Stars began appearing in advertising touting the product and the bank's #realfan social media campaign in February after being named global brand ambassadors for the bank. Fans of 28 of the league's 30 teams are now NBA Banking clients.
The #realfan hashtag, introduced in conjunction with the launch of NBA Banking, encouraged fans to post photos to Instagram and Twitter to show their team pride and promote NBA Banking. One contestant will win a trip to each game of the NBA Finals after fan voting on the top 10 entries ends this week.
"We've exceeded all of our internal targets for the campaign since our initial launch in February," said BBVA Compass Chief Marketing Officer John Wessman. "We already have NBA Banking account-holders in 37 states and we've connected with thousands of new fans and followers on social media."Wessman said the bank plans to launch the next phase of its promotion of NBA Banking this week with a national TV spot that capitalizes on the excitement over the NBA Playoffs. The spot features NBA All-Star Kevin Durant alongside a passionate 'real' fan who enjoys the experience of a lifetime. BBVA Compass will continue to broaden its reach with the help of this new spot, particularly among NBA fans. NBA Banking accounts are opened online and maintained online or with a smartphone using the BBVA Compass mobile app, expanding the bank's reach to clients beyond its Sunbelt footprint. Combined with access to the nationwide surcharge-free Allpoint® ATM network, it allows clients to conduct almost any banking transaction without visiting a branch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV