5 Rocket Stocks to Buy as Stocks Bounce
BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- The S&P 500 fell 2.11% between Monday's open and Friday's close last week, dropping in what was the worst week for stocks of 2013. But let's put that in context: This year's worst week didn't even completely erase the gains we saw in the big index just the week before. And the S&P is still up more than 9% for the year.
Even though volatility is clearly coming back into stocks in April, this market is still hanging in there. More specifically, it's holding the trendline support level that got put in back in November. Even though this rally has seen its fair share of tests in 2013, so far it's managed to pass them all.
This morning, as stock stage a bounce, investors are getting another buying opportunity in the S&P. And that's getting parlayed into an even bigger buying opportunity in a handful of Rocket Stock names.For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 196 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 7.16%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks. >>4 Big Stocks on Traders' Radars
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV