NextEra Energy Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (NEE)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NEE's share price has jumped by 25.55%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NEE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NEXTERA ENERGY INC's earnings per share declined by 35.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEXTERA ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $4.56 versus $4.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.93 versus $4.56).
- NEE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NEXTERA ENERGY INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NEXTERA ENERGY INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.71% is above that of the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts