Mattel Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (MAT)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- MAT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.54, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MAT has a quick ratio of 2.24, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Leisure Equipment & Products industry. The net income increased by 391.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.83 million to $38.50 million.
- MATTEL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MATTEL INC's EPS of $2.21 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $2.21. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $2.21).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 450.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.96% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts