DALLAS, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) announced today the winners of its fourth annual TI Founders Community Service Awards, honoring 12 individuals and 3 teams of volunteers for their exceptional community service efforts worldwide. For each award, TI will give $1,000 to the nonprofit agency that the volunteers served. This year's total $15,000 contribution will benefit communities near TI sites in Dallas and Plano, Texas; Santa Clara, California; South Portland, Maine; Longmont Colorado; Shanghai, China; Freising, Germany; Bagio City and Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines; and Melaka, Malaysia.
Each year, during the U.S. National Volunteer Week (this year April 22-26), TI honors the contributions its employees make in the communities where the company operates. In 2012, TI employees tracked 66,000 volunteer hours and donated countless hours of their own time globally.
"We are delighted to recognize and support the enthusiasm and commitment of TI employees from all over the world," said Trisha Cunningham, TI Corporate Citizenship Officer. "People see some of the great things our employees are doing in the community, and they tell us that's one of the reasons why they want to work for TI. It's a differentiator in the workplace. People want to work for companies that are socially responsible. It also builds leadership skills, teamwork and morale for our employees."
Nominations were judged on several criteria, including the impact the volunteer work had on the community and the leadership that the individual or team exhibited. An independent panel of judges named the following individuals and teams as 2013 winners:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV