CHICAGO, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Each year when April 22 rolls around, thousands of companies trumpet their sustainability initiatives paying homage to Earth Day while correlating Earth Day to a particular "green" product or service. To reinforce a commitment to the Earth throughout the year, companies can validate their dedication to sustainability by making their office space environmentally friendly. Signing a "green lease" puts that commitment in writing, while typically achieving energy and cost savings.
Rising in popularity with corporate tenants and their landlords (and even municipalities like New York City and San Francisco), green leases improve the environmental performance of a leased office space, ensuring that the company occupying the space and the landlord that owns the building are operating in a sustainable manner from the inside out. This energy and cost saving tactic typically results in additional cash flow for the building by increasing its appeal to corporate tenants.
"Green leases combine the productivity, comfort and sustainability features that tenants are looking for in office space while supporting landlord priorities of improving the triple bottom line and occupancy rates," said Michael Jordan, Executive Vice President of Sustainability Strategy for Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), a leader in green lease administration. "In addition to achieving both tenant and landlord objectives, green leases have social, economic and environmental implications for companies operating in today's global economy. Green leases truly are the future of commercial real estate," he added.Ten Reasons to Sign a Green Office Lease Jordan and the JLL Energy and Sustainability Services team recommend that tenants and landlords collaborate to develop a green lease that benefits each party, typically including the following ten benefits:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV