MILWAUKEE, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, is committed to supporting environmental programs and reducing waste and energy usage as the world today celebrates Earth Day, when people around the world acknowledge our planet and the many actions taken to protect it.
"ManpowerGroup has a 65-year tradition of improving the vitality of the communities we serve and we constantly strive to reduce our environmental impact," said Jeffrey A. Joerres, ManpowerGroup Chairman and CEO. "Although that environmental impact may be small relative to other industries, our long-standing belief in doing good while we do well ensures it remains a major consideration at our operations in 80 countries and territories. This is one of the many ways that ManpowerGroup works to ensure the sustainability of the world's workforce."
ManpowerGroup continues to be recognized for its ongoing commitment to environmental initiatives. For the fifth consecutive year in 2013, the company has been named to the FTSE4Good Index Series for meeting globally recognized corporate responsibility standards, including stringent environmental, social and governance criteria. ManpowerGroup was also named to Newsweek magazine's 2012 Green Rankings for United States companies, ranking No.16 among 500 U.S. public companies and No.1 in the professional services category.Some of the ways ManpowerGroup operations worldwide are supporting environmental programs that address community needs include:
- In June, ManpowerGroup Austria will move its head office to a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum Certified building.
- 100% of the energy consumed by operations in Germany, Norway and Sweden comes from renewable sources such as wind and water.
- ManpowerGroup Australia and New Zealand introduced an online candidate registration system in 2012 that cut paper usage by half. Meanwhile, performance reviews are now fully digital at ManpowerGroup Canada, saving about 1,300 sheets of paper annually.
- Right Management's Green@Work project has implemented green practices in over 140 offices across 33 countries, equating to almost 2,500 green practices in three years.
- ManpowerGroup Finland last year decreased paper consumption by 40%, electricity usage by 5% and reduced overall travel, including a 10% deduction in company car mileage.
- For 10 consecutive years, ManpowerGroup Hong Kong has earned Caring Company status for its environmental efforts, including reducing waste, carbon emissions and water usage, installing energy efficient lighting and air pollution control technologies, and serving a shark-fin free menu and sustainable seafood for banquets and events.
- At ManpowerGroup's world headquarters in Milwaukee, U.S., energy reduction measures have saved nearly $230,000 since 2011, while the amount of paper recycled increased from 57% to 63% last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV