Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
Apr 22, 2013 | 09:43 AM EDT
The problem here is that in order to get to energy independence within President Obama's time in office, the president will have to say "Look, I hate fossil fuels, but we are going to emphasize natural gas in this country as the surface vehicle, the way they do in other countries with bountiful natural gas." The president has the ability to order federal government automobiles to convert to natural gas, which would then foster a huge job-creating infrastructure to support those vehicles, which would then make the importation of oil for diesel fuel, one quarter of all that is imported, an irrelevance. But instead, the president, in order to not anger his environmental base, says that he favors all sorts of energy, which is the same as saying nothing. You need to say, "Natural gas is our fuel, and we are going to use it to make cleaner skies and be energy independent." Mind you I am not talking about giving this industry one red cent, unlike the handouts that the farmers got for ethanol or the bankrupt artists got for solar. The jobs that would come from giving banks certainty when it comes to lending and lending the government's support to natural gas, not just solar and ethanol, could get us out of this jobless recovery. But the feds have to stop hindering the cause and start helping it. There is a way. I just don't know if there is a will. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Maybe Ditch the Kinder Waiting Game Posted at 8:06 p.m. EDT on Thursday, April 18 Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP) is one of those stocks that you keep thinking, "When it comes in, I will buy it." But it never comes in. Not even when so many of these MLPs are doing secondaries does it sell off and you know they are total birds of a feather.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV