PITTSBURGH, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Actor Mark Wahlberg pushed his body to the limit for his role as bodybuilder Daniel Lugo in the new film "Pain & Gain," in theatres April 26. Wahlberg gained 40 pounds of muscle mass through a rigorous nutrition and exercise program, including use of MARKED™ formulas. He credits MARKED, the comprehensive line of performance nutrition products that he developed in partnership with leading GNC scientists and wellness experts, for playing a key supporting role in helping him achieve peak physical condition. The MARKED line, consisting of seven sports and active nutrition products, features cutting-edge nutritional science and the highest quality ingredients to help people achieve their health and fitness goals.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/marked-performance-nutrition-plays-a-supporting-role-in-pain--gain-203680901.html
"I have always been committed to living a healthy, active lifestyle, but to prepare for my role in 'Pain & Gain' I needed to bulk up significantly," Wahlberg said. "That's why I incorporated MARKED into my wellness routine. The MARKED formulas were critical in helping me gain over 40 pounds of muscle for this physically demanding role."
To celebrate the film, MARKED is partnering with GNC, Rite Aid and ProSource.net on a "Pain & Gain" movie ticket promotion. Through May 13, customers who purchase $39.99 or more of MARKED product at GNC and Rite Aid stores, and at ProSource.net, will receive a Fandango code to get a free movie ticket (up to a $12 value) to see "Pain & Gain" at participating theaters.Paramount Pictures' "Pain & Gain" is an action comedy starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie based on the unbelievable true story of a group of personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong. Produced by Donald De Line, Michael Bay and Ian Bryce. Based on the magazine articles by Pete Collins. Screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. Directed by Michael Bay. The MARKED line of products can be taken individually or stacked, and were designed to deliver optimal results:
- Maximum Nutrition Daily Pack: Daily multivitamin pack features four compounds to help support optimal body health.
- Blast & Burn Pack: Four-part muscle-sculpting, metabolism-boosting program helps achieve desired physique.
- Pre-Workout Igniter: Formula delivers fast-absorbing muscle fuel and energy for a better workout.
- Mass Gainer: Provides a physique-building nutritional platform for adding lean muscle mass.
- 100% Whey Protein Complex: An ideal foundation for optimal athletic performance.
- Protein Shake & Bar: Performance shakes and bars with protein and fiber to stay fuller longer.