GE's shares were down over 2% in late morning trading, to $21.28, while the broad indices all showed slight declines.
Nomura analyst Shannon O'Callaghan has a neutral rating on General Electric, and in a note to clients Monday morning said "Power & Water margins of 14.9% in 1Q were down 320 bps y/y on lower gas and wind turbines as well as lower European service (low utilization), but the company is planning on flat margins for the year in the segment, requiring sharp improvement from here."
"We see potential risk to these targets," O'Callaghan wrote. He also lowered his EPS estimate for GE in 2013 to $1.67 from $1.70, while lowering his 2014 EPS estimate to $1.81 to $1.87. O'Callaghan also lowered his price target for GE by a dollar, to $23.00.
GE's shares returned 4.5% year-to-date through Friday's close at $21.75. The shares trade for 11.8 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $1.84, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $1.67.Based on a quarterly payout of 19 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.49%. GE data by YCharts
Interested in more on General Electric? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV