SAO PAULO, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures of Bradesco (BM&FBovespa: BBDC3; BBDC4), (NYSE: BBD) in the first quarter of 2013 are presented below:
1. Adjusted Net Income (1) for the first quarter of 2013 stood at R$2.943 billion (a 3.4% increase compared to the R$2.845 billion recorded in the same period of the previous year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.77 and Return on Average Adjusted Shareholders' Equity (2) of 19.5%.
2. Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$2.013 billion from financial activities, representing 68.4% of the total, and R$930 million from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 31.6%.
3. On March 31, 2013, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$145.584 billion (3), up 28.8% over the same period in 2012.4. Total Assets stood at R$894.467 billion in March 2013, a 13.3% increase over the same period in 2012. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.3%. 5. The Expanded Loan Portfolio (4) stood at R$391.682 billion in March 2013, up 11.6% during the same period in 2012. Operations with individuals totaled R$119.231 billion (up 8.7% from March 2012), while operations with companies totaled R$272.451 billion (up 13.0% from March 2012). 6. Assets under Management stood at R$1.278 trillion, varying 17.5% from March 2012. 7. Shareholders' Equity stood at R$69.442 billion in March 2013, up 19.6% from March 2012. Capital Adequacy Ratio stood at 15.6% in March 2013, 11.0% of which fell under Tier I Capital. 8. Interest on Shareholders' Equity were paid and recorded in provision in the amount of R$1.028 billion for the first quarter of 2013, R$226.271 million of which was paid monthly and R$801.431 million was recorded in provision. 9. Financial Margin stood at R$10.509 billion, up 2.8% in comparison with the first quarter of 2012. 10. The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days stood at 4.0% on March 31, 2013 (4.1% on March 31, 2012). 11. The Efficiency Ratio (5) improved by 1.2 p.p. (from 42.7% in March 2012 to 41.5% in March 2013), and the "adjusted-to-risk" efficiency ratio stood at 52.6% (52.6% in March 2012). 12. Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$10.953 billion in the first quarter of 2013, up 16.3% over 2012. Technical Reserves stood at R$127.367 billion, up 19.1% from March 2012. 13. Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$1.078 billion in the first quarter of 2013, up 9.8% over the same period in 2012. 14. Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$7.137 billion in the quarter, of which R$1.967 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$5.170 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 175.7% of Adjusted Net Income (1). 15. Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, comprising 8,473 Service Points, with 4,687 branches and 3,786 Service Branches - PAs. Customers can also use 1,457 PAEs – ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 43,598 Bradesco Expresso service points, 34,719 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMS and 13,306 Banco24Horas ATMs. 16. Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$2.623 billion. Social benefits provided to the 102,793 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$657.366 million, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$12.989 million. 17. Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts