AT&T (T) ($38.28) is a buy rated Dow component in the utilities sector which is 8.8% overvalued. The stock set a multi-year high at $38.80 on April 11. The weekly chart profile is positive but overbought with the five-week MMA at $37.12. My quarterly value level is $36.47 with a weekly pivot at $38.86 and annual risky level at $39.86.
Norfolk Southern (NSC) ($74.75) is a sell rated stock in the transportation sector which is 10.6% overvalued. The stock has tried three times to breakout above $78.00 to $78.50 since July 2011 and has failed to do so. The weekly chart profile is positive but overbought, but a close this week below its five-week MMA at $74.25 will shift this profile to negative. My quarterly value level is $69.85 with a semiannual pivot at $74.99 and annual risky level at $75.90.
YUM! Brands (YUM) ($65.04) is a buy rated stock in the retail-wholesale sector which is 13.2% overvalued. The weekly chart profile is negative with the five-week MMA at $67.41. My semiannual value level is $61.13 with a weekly risky level at $70.02.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV