GERMANTOWN, Md., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hughes Network Systems, LLC (Hughes), the global leader in broadband satellite solutions and services, and a leading provider of managed network and application services, today launched HughesON ™, a new and comprehensive suite of managed network and digital media solutions for the enterprise and government markets. HughesON is ideal for companies with multiple branch locations in retail, restaurant, hospitality and financial markets, as well as federal, state and local government agencies.
"Organizations cannot afford to have their networks slow down their operations," said Mike Cook, senior vice president, North American Division at Hughes. "Today's IT managers are dealing with challenges ranging from new cloud and mobile initiatives, to customer WiFi and rich-media signage and training applications. These applications require more bandwidth and higher performance than typical networks can provide, as well as higher reliability and more security options. HughesON meets these needs with next generation network solutions that deliver multi-branch applications at a better price/performance ratio than traditional solutions."
A common approach to improving network performance is to add a WAN optimization appliance to each branch location. However, this approach is very expensive and complex for 100+ site organizations. HughesON incorporates cutting-edge performance optimization and security technologies into the Hughes customer premises equipment (CPE), eliminating the need to invest in additional hardware to deploy high-speed and high performance networks.HughesON Performance Optimization ™ technologies actively monitor in real-time the network variability of the underlying broadband network and customer traffic to ensure higher application performance. As a result, HughesON transforms "best-efforts" broadband into a cost-effective, enterprise-class Wide-Area Network (WAN) capable of speeds up to 12 Mbps with true end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS). Hughes performance optimization technologies include:
- Hughes ActiveQoS ™— enables end-to-end QoS over cost-effective broadband for proper application priority and better application performance.
- Hughes ActiveBonding ™— intelligently bonds multiple broadband links at the IP-level for higher link capacities and better application performance.
- Hughes ActiveCompression ™— delivers up to 50 times more throughput or 'virtual bandwidth' to customer applications without costly capacity upgrades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV