The Dallas-based company posted first-quarter revenue of $2.89 billion, down from $3.12 billion in the same period last year but above Wall Street's forecast of $2.85 billion.
Texas Instruments earned 32 cents a share, up from 22 cents a share in the prior year's quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 30 cents a share.
10. -- Travelers (TRV) said first-quarter profit rose to $896 million, or $2.33 a share, from $806 million, or $2.02 a share, a year earlier. The insurer also raised its quarterly dividend to 50 cents a share from 46 cents.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts