Reading Green Hornets Soccer Team Plants Trees To Celebrate Earth Day
CINCINNATI, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seven preschool players from The Green Hornets soccer team took home pine trees today to plant and to celebrate Earth Day. The trees were donated by Zumbiel Packaging.
Tom Zumbiel, Marketing Director of Zumbiel Packaging, handed out the trees to the players after practice. The two year-old Loblolly Pine seedlings were in planters made from the soft drink boxes that Zumbiel Packaging produces.
Mr. Zumbiel demonstrated how to plant a tree, and he explained that pine trees are a renewable resource like corn. They can be harvested from tree farms to make paperboard soft drink boxes, and then the boxes can either be recycled or reused to make things like biodegradable planters.The trees will consume greenhouse gases from the atmosphere and they will generate oxygen. The USDA states that trees planted strategically can reduce heating and air conditioning by 25% and 30%, and that trees can help retain rainwater and reduce erosion. Zumbiel Packaging is a 170 year-old family-owned company that manufactures sustainable paperboard packaging for the beverage, food, consumer products, healthcare and automotive industries. Zumbiel holds FSC and SFI Chain-of-custody certificates. For more information contact Tom Zumbiel at email@example.com or 513-476-8120. SOURCE Zumbiel Packaging
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV