Team Howard And Team Muirhead Claim Victory At The Players' Championship
On the women's side, skip Eve Muirhead defeated Sweden's Margaretha Sigfridsson in a high-stakes 8-5 final, becoming the first European team ever to win a Grand Slam event. The matchup was a repeat of last month's World Women's Curling Championship final where Muirhead skipped her team to gold. For the Players' Championship win, Muirhead received $23,000 in winnings and an additional $12,500 bonus for achieving the highest women's points total for the Grand Slam of Curling season.
"It feels great to be the first European team to win a Grand Slam as well as the first team to win a Players' Championship after winning the World Championship, capping off an unreal season for Team Muirhead," said Muirhead. "We've trained so hard and worked so hard, and to know it all paid off is a relief."
Owned and operated by Sportsnet, the Grand Slam of Curling is an elite series of men's and women's curling events which are part of the World Curling Tour and features the best teams from across Canada and around the world. Earlier this week, Sportsnet announced the locations for three of the four event locations for the 2013-14 Grand Slam of Curling season: The Masters in Abbotsford, B.C. ( October 30-November 3, 2013); The Canadian Open in Medicine Hat ( November 13-17, 2013); and the Players' Championship in Summerside, P.E.I. ( April 15-20, 2014). Additional details regarding the full 2013-14 Grand Slam of Curling schedule, ticket information and broadcast details will be announced at a later date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV