NEW YORK -- The Twitter accounts for two national CBS (CBS) programs have been compromised and suspended.
A CBS News spokeswoman confirms Saturday that tweets sent earlier in the afternoon from the "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" Twitter handles saying their accounts were compromised are correct.
The tweets said the network is working with Twitter to investigate. On Saturday night both accounts were suspended and inaccessible.
Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The CBS spokeswoman didn't comment further.Earlier in the day tweets coming from the "60 Minutes" account seemed farfetched, including one that claimed the U.S. government was "hiding the real culprit of the Boston bombing."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV