Harper Government Supports Sport Development And Participation In Alberta
BANFF, AB, April 20, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister of State (Sport), and the Honourable Dr. Richard Starke, Alberta Minister of Tourism, Parks and Recreation, today announced the Government of Canada's and Government of Alberta's contribution to sport development and participation in Alberta.
"Working with provincial and territorial governments to advance important priorities for sport, physical activity, and recreation in Canada is something our Government is proud to do. We want to make sport participation a part of Canadians' everyday lives," said Minister of State Gosal. "Today's funding announcement clearly demonstrates that we are committed to working together with all levels of government to achieve this common goal. Sport participation and active living are important elements in keeping our communities and children healthy and safe."
"This is a tremendous day for sport and recreation in Alberta," said Minister Starke. "By working together, we will get more support for Albertans who face barriers getting to the gym, into the pool, or onto the field. This agreement will help ensure all Albertans have the opportunity to get active."
The three-year renewed bilateral agreement with the Government of Alberta was recently approved with a federal investment of $1,313,559. Canada's contribution is conditional on a matching contribution from Alberta. Alberta plans to contribute up to $1,313,559 during the three-year agreement for a total of $2,627,118.The Government of Canada is the single largest contributor to sport in Canada and supports participation and excellence from playground to podium. SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV