Knights Of Columbus Members Take Active Role In Relief Efforts In West, Texas
NEW HAVEN, Conn., April 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Help is pouring into West, Texas from Knights of Columbus throughout the area, who are coming to the devastated town this weekend to assist those recovering from the terrible explosion there.
College Knights from Baylor University, Council 13577; the University of North Texas, Council 14789 and the University of Dallas, Council 14872 will volunteer Saturday, April 20, at the main relief supply distribution site in West, Texas, located at the fairgrounds near the intersection of Old Dallas Road and Tokyo Road.
The donations center is open for affected residents to pick up clothes, food and other resources. K of C volunteers will be helping to give out necessities and supplies at the distribution site and will also help deliver those goods to residents of West.
Local Knights from West are among those helping to run the distribution site and organizing the volunteer activities of the College Knights. The Knights of Columbus has a strong presence in the town. Though West has fewer than 3000 residents, Knights of Columbus Council 2305 in the town counts more than 500 members – many of whom live there.In addition, this Sunday, April 21, at about noon, Knights in West will begin to distribute up to $10,000 in funds to those affected by the tragic explosion at the Council Hall located at 2547 Jerry Masheck Dr. in West. "The outpouring of support by the Knights in West and the surrounding areas is a testament to the power of Charity, which is the first principle of the Knights of Columbus," said Supreme Knight Carl Anderson. "The work they are doing to help people rebuild lives in the face of this tragedy is an inspiring witness to the transformative power of caring for our neighbor in times of need."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV