Lexus Celebrates The International Design Community With "DESIGN MATTERS" Event In New York City
NEW YORK, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In its ongoing pursuit of innovation, Lexus is pushing the boundaries of technology, craftsmanship and design. This dedication to design was celebrated at an event hosted by global President Akio Toyoda in New York City. The event, called "Design Matters," showcased Lexus' commitment to design, both in its new products and in its global brand activities to an audience of established and aspiring members of the design community. Kristin Chenoweth served as mistress of ceremonies with The Roots and Questlove providing musical entertainment.
"This is part of the transformation of Lexus," said Mark Templin, executive vice president of Lexus International. "Lexus is expanding as a global company and we need to speak to a broad global audience. There's no better way to do that than through design. Great design transcends cultures and doesn't need any translation."Much of the focus on design for Lexus comes from the personal commitment of Akio Toyoda, grandson of the founder of Toyota. "I am very passionate about cars, and especially design," said Toyoda. "To me, cars need to ignite all your senses, and one of the most important is the emotional connection you get when you see a beautiful car." This dedication to design is evident in concept vehicles from Lexus, including the award-wining LF-LC hybrid 2+2 coupe concept and the LF-CC concept car. It is also reflected in new production models such as the stunning all-new IS sports sedan. The IS, and other recently introduced vehicles, incorporate Lexus' new design language that includes smooth, flowing lines, unique head and tail lamps, and a distinctive spindle grille.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV