Courtesy of: Stockcharts.com
Going back to commodities markets, copper has taken a beating lately. The pair above is of DJ-UBS Copper Total Return Sub-Index ETN (JJC) over an equal-weight DB Commodity Index Tracking Fund.
This pair correlates with industrial output, and has trended downward as global economic data have deteriorated. China GDP was weak recently, and the U.S. data picture has shown a gradual decline toward the end of the first quarter. Until the global economic picture looks considerably stronger over a consistent period of time, industrial metals will stay suppressed.Each global market looks to be trading in tandem, it is only a matter of time before all risk assets see a considerable pullback. At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @AndrewSachais This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV