Next Generation Of Cyber Defenders Spar At National Competition
SAN ANTONIO, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Students from 10 colleges across the nation will gather in San Antonio this weekend to spar for the Alamo Cup, awarded to the champions of the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. The three-day national championship, hosted by the UTSA Center for Infrastructure Assurance and Security and now in its eighth year, is April 19-21 at the St. Anthony Hotel.
The practical competition, the only one of its type in the country for college students, is modeled from real scenarios and obstacles and serves as a training ground for future cyber defenders. Through the competition, challengers are given an opportunity to shine on a national stage and connect with the nation's top cyber security firms.
"Competitions are an excellent way for students to develop skills that compliment classroom-based education. CCDC events help students build technical skills and soft skills. These events teach them to work as part of a team under challenging circumstances. The CCDC helps to develop a better equipped cyber workforce which is one of the reasons it has become such a fertile recruiting ground for both government and industry," said Dwayne Williams, director of the NCCDC.
This year's championship competitors include:
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks , At-Large Regional CCDC Winner
- Millersville University ( Penn.), Mid-Atlantic Regional Winner
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (Ind.), Mid-West Regional Winner
- Dakota State University (S.D.), North Central Regional Winner
- Rochester Institute of Technology , Northeast Regional Winner
- University of Washington , Pacific Rim Regional Winner
- United States Air Force Academy , Rocky Mountain Regional Winner
- University of Central Florida , Southeast Regional Winner
- Oklahoma State University , Southwest Regional Winner
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona , Western Regional CCDC Winner
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts