4. How are your investments performing? You can find out how well your funds are performing by reviewing your statements. With the exception of my work plan, all our accounts were upfront about the funds' performance. I could find out how well it did from its inception, the past 10 years, five years, and one year, as well as since I had started participating in that particular fund.My work plan's statements and website told me only that I had invested in Fidelity, but not which funds. I am sure I have a record of it somewhere, but thanks to my “ignorance is bliss” mode, I have no idea where. They did include the performance of each of Fidelity's funds, but I need to call our plan to figure out which funds I am invested in so I can properly analyze my investment portfolio.
How To Audit Your Own Investments
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts