Two Georgia Real Estate Auctions Bring $5.7 Million
ATLANTA, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Buyers continued to turn out in force this week as John Dixon & Associates sold approximately 480 bank-owned Georgia properties for a total of more than $5.7 million.
The properties included scores of home sites, commercial properties, land and other real estate in the Atlanta metro area and central Georgia.
The first sale, held in Braselton on Tuesday, April 16, attracted approximately 75 registered bidders in person, with another 65 bidders participating online. The properties -- concentrated in the eastern side of the Atlanta metro area -- sold for just over $4 million.
The second, held on April 18, included commercial and residential properties located primarily between Atlanta and Macon. That sale attracted a crowd of 34 bidders in person, with another 48 bidders participating online."You can really sense the momentum and a sense of growing optimism about the economy and the real estate market," said John Dixon, president of the auction company. "Smart real estate investors are building up their portfolios of commercial properties to sell or lease. Builders are obtaining lots on which to build homes. Families are buying homes. And the banks are turning their inventories of real estate into cash, so everybody benefits," said Dixon. It was the second week of strong sales for John Dixon. A pair of auctions on April 10 in Atlanta and Pensacola, Fla., on April 11 brought a total of $5 million for properties in Georgia and Florida. John Dixon & Associates, based in Marietta, Ga., is a leading auctioneer of bank-owned properties throughout the United States. http://www.johndixon.com For more information: Carl Carter, 205-823-3273 SOURCE John Dixon & Associates
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV