Lumi*Solair Dubbed Environmental Champion By The EPA Thanks To Gillibrand Nomination
BROOKLYN, N.Y., April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Brooklyn based renewable energy firm Lumi*Solair was awarded the Environmental Protection Agency's prestigious Environmental Quality Award for 2013. Nominated by U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, Lumi*Solair is being recognized for their commitment and significant contributions to greening New York City.
Senator Gillibrand formally presented the award to Lumi*Solair Founder and CEO Baldev Duggal in a ceremony today at the EPA Regional Headquarters in Lower Manhattan. "I congratulate Lumi*Solair for their dedication to creating a more innovative, resilient New York," said Senator Gillibrand. "From improving the city's quality of life, to creating new local green jobs, this environmental champion will help lead the way towards a green energy future for our city and our country."
Based in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, the company manufactures hybrid solar and wind streetlights as well as solar power systems for telecommunication towers and energy backup for traffic lights. During Superstorm Sandy, six Lumi*Solair lights remained operational and nearly half were functioning in the Navy Yard, despite five feet of water and over 80 mph winds."Lumi*Solair is honored to receive the EPA Environmental Quality Award," said Mr. Baldev Duggal, CEO of Lumi*Solair. "We are proud of our 'Designed and Made in New York solutions' for some of today's toughest infrastructure challenges. Lumi*Solair is dedicated to powering communities in an environmentally friendly way, from grid-free solar lighting to energy for telecommunication towers and traffic lights. We are thrilled to be recognized for our contribution to keeping our environment clean and this award will only reinforce our commitment towards a green and sustainable future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV