CHICAGO, April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, compiled a list of U.S. cities with the most environmentally-conscious car shoppers. The list was assembled analyzing data from Cars.com's millions of visitors who searched for hybrids or other environmentally friendly cars. The study's findings indicate that shoppers on the West coast tend to be the greenest.
"It is not surprising that California and other West Coast cities top the list with some of the greenest car shoppers. That part of the country has long led the charge in the green movement," said Joe Wiesenfelder, Cars.com's Executive Editor and resident green automotive guru. "With abundant charging stations, special perks for eco-friendly drivers in some western cities and robust infrastructure, the West Coast is well equipped to cater to the needs of eco-conscious drivers."
As car shoppers nationwide continue to embrace green cars, Cars.com has found that the following cities have the greenest car shoppers (ranked from greenest to least green):
- San Francisco—Oakland—San Jose, Calif.
- Monterey—Salinas, Calif.
- San Diego, Calif.
- Portland, Ore.
- Eureka, Calif.
- Washington D.C.
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Lima, Ohio
- Medford—Klamath Falls, Ore.
- Sacramento—Stockton—Modesto, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV