2. As of noon trading, Genuine Parts Company ( GPC) is down $1.81 (-2.4%) to $73.49 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Genuine Parts Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 858,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $71.87-$74.82 after having opened the day at $73.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.30. Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials in the United States, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Canada. Genuine Parts Company has a market cap of $11.7 billion and is part of the wholesale industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Genuine Parts Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Genuine Parts Company Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts