3. As of noon trading, Air Methods ( AIRM) is down $6.03 (-13.1%) to $39.87 on heavy volume Thus far, 2.7 million shares of Air Methods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 371,000 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $37.57-$41.13 after having opened the day at $38.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.90. Air Methods Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides air medical emergency transport services and systems in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Air Medical Services (AMS) and United Rotorcraft (UR). Air Methods has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the transportation industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 29.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Air Methods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Air Methods Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts