3. As of noon trading, Anglogold Ashanti ( AU) is up $0.33 (1.84) to $18.29 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.8 million shares of Anglogold Ashanti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $18.25-$18.91 after having opened the day at $18.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.96. AngloGold Ashanti Limited primarily engages in the exploration and production of gold. It also produces by-products, such as silver, uranium oxide, and sulfuric acid. Anglogold Ashanti has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 42.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Anglogold Ashanti as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts