2. As of noon trading, Kinder Morgan ( KMI) is up $0.70 (1.85) to $38.62 on average volume Thus far, 2.0 million shares of Kinder Morgan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $38.07-$38.68 after having opened the day at $38.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.92. Kinder Morgan, Inc. owns and operates energy transportation and storage assets in the United States and Canada. The company operates in six segments: Natural Gas Pipelines, Products Pipelines KMP, CO2 KMP, Terminals KMP, Kinder Morgan Canada KMP, and Other. Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $39.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Kinder Morgan as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Get the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts